Do you have a damaged windshield that needs to be fixed immediately? If so, finding the time to take your car to an in-shop auto glass repair service can be hard. Luckily, some auto glass shops offer mobile repairs.
But will you get the same quality of repair? And can a windshield successfully be replaced outside of the shop? This article will discuss everything you need to know about mobile auto glass repair.
In shop vs. mobile auto glass repair
If you’re concerned about the quality of your mobile windshield repair or replacement compared to in-shop work, don’t be. Trained glass technicians use the same high-quality materials and precision techniques, whether they are doing their job indoors or outdoors. The only difference between the two services is that technicians cannot control the surrounding environment with mobile repairs like in-shop services.
Weather can impact mobile auto glass repair work
If you schedule a windshield repair or replacement when weather conditions or poor, you may need to reschedule your appointment until the weather improves. Technicians need a dry environment to repair a minor chip or crack, as the resin is injected into the crack and needs to be dry to adhere to and cure properly. However, if you have a covered area that’s shielded from moisture, you can likely keep your repair appointment.
Benefits of mobile auto glass repair work
There are many benefits to mobile auto glass repair work. These include:
- Saves time. If you’re like most people, you likely have a lot going on during the day. You may be juggling work, family, shopping, and errands. You can skip waiting at the repair shop and have a glass technician go to you instead. If your car is in a shopping mall parking lot, you can keep checking things off your shopping list while they work.
- Gives you freedom. You don’t need to wait around while the repair technicians go to work. However, trustworthy technicians will walk you through everything before getting started. But after that, you can go about your day. Most of the time, fixing a windshield only takes about 30 minutes.
- Keeps you safe. You should never ignore windshield cracks or chips, especially if they obstruct your field of vision. Good visibility is crucial for driving safely and responsibly. With mobile repairs, you can fix this problem immediately, so you can get back on the road safe and sound.
- Gives you peace of mind. A chipped windshield can make anyone nervous, especially at the rate that chips or cracks can grow. It’s a major relief when you no longer have to worry about anything except calling a professional to take care of the issue before it escalates. Emergency windshield repairs or replacements can get taken care of on the spot right away.
- Protects your auto glass. Heat can quickly cause a crack or chip to expand if you live in a desert. Over time, total replacement could become your only option instead of repairing it. By fixing minor damage as soon as it happens, you can prevent more serious repairs down the road.
Contact Simbol Auto Glass for high, quality mobile auto glass repair work!
A cracked or chipped windshield should never be taken lightly. Both types of damage can quickly become worse and more costly. And, should a car accident occur when you have a cracked windshield, the glass may shatter altogether.
For a free quote on your windshield repair or replacement, fill out our contact form or give us a call today at 888-411-4527.